Virtual Trade Mission to Jamaica & Miami 2020
With support from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and with Kisserup International Trade Roots Inc., the Centre for Women in Business led a multi-sector business-to-business trade mission for a group of Atlantic Canada businesses to Kingston, Jamaica and Miami, Florida. While originally planned as an in-person mission, we transitioned online as a result of COVID-19.
Our virtual trade mission continued to provide companies in Atlantic Canada the opportunity to assess new markets by meeting a number of pre-qualified potential customers, partners, agents, distributors and other key industry contacts in each market.
We were pleased to welcome the below 14 companies to our inaugural virtual mission that took place throughout the summer of 2020.
Meet our delegates
In Nova Scotia
- Ashanti Leadership & Professional Development Services, Ann Divine, CEO
- Association of Workplace Education & Training for Nova Scotia, Nancy Thompson, Executive Director
- Louisbourg Seafoods, Lori Kennedy, Co-Founder/Owner
- Penny Doherty Literacy Consultants Inc., Penny Doherty, President
- Roswall Development Inc., Daniel Roscoe, Managing Director
- Velsoft, Jim Fitt, CEO
- Ven-Rez Products Ltd., Flora MacLeod, Vice President Business Development
In New Brunswick
- Educated Beards, Alicia Phillips, CEO
- Fancy Pokket Bakery, Jessica Swinamer, Marketing Executive
- ThermalWood Canada, Robert Lennon, International Marketing & Sales Director
- Upfront Cosmetics, Alicia Sharp, Founder
In Newfoundland & Labrador
- Indigena Skincare, Lisa Walsh, Chief Mermaid
In Price Edward Island