Grow Now for Female Tech Founders in Atlantic Canada
Woman-owned and women-led technology companies in Atlantic Canada are invited to apply for Grow Now for Female Tech Founders.
Grow Now is an accelerator program aimed at assisting emerging technology companies build and scale their tech in 2021 and beyond. Facilitators and participants share resources and best practices and will be guided through the development of a Strategic Growth Plan with the OKR (objectives & key results) framework.
Each group typically includes 5-7 participants and meets for a half-day, twice per month for a period of six months.
The program includes:
- support and accountability to develop a strategic growth plan that increases the competitive and financial success of your business
- group brainstorms and problem-solving through mastermind discussions with other women in tech and program facilitators
- skills training with technology and business experts
- information sessions with service providers, such as the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- regular one-on-one business advisories with project lead and business advisor, Nasil Nam
- networking opportunities
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- identify tools to measure your business performance
- identify financial key performance indicators (KPIs)
- recognize potential gaps in your business model
- develop leadership and human resource practices to build, grow, and lead a team
- deliver a pitch aimed at sourcing funds from venture capitalists and/or angel investors
To be eligible, your business must:
- be located in Atlantic Canada
- be in the technology industry
- have been in business for 2+ years
- have generated $100K in revenues or raised $300K in capital*
- have a business plan and demonstrated viable business model
- be focused on scaling your business in 2021
*Applications from companies who are pre-revenue, but have proven positive beta-testing or secured customers will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Spring 2021 cohort
Dates: Bi-weekly for six months on Wednesdays beginning May 26, 2021
Times: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: There is no cost to participate for CWB members. If you are not a current member, the cost to join is $125+tax.
Project Lead, Propelling Women Founders
Centre for Women in Business