Moving Women Online
*The expression of interest period is now closed*
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted women business owners through Atlantic Canada and forced us to rethink how we do business now and into the future. The Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership (ACWGP) is launching a new virtual project, Moving Women Online, that will help a cohort of women entrepreneurs to move their current business operations to an online eCommerce platform.
The program will accept a cohort of 12 women business owners in each Atlantic province. By participating in the program, participants will:
- identify the appropriate eCommerce platform for their business
- implement the selected eCommerce platform
- receive training and support
To be eligible for the program in Nova Scotia, businesses must be:
- majority women owned (51% owned, managed or operated by a woman or women); and
- registered in Nova Scotia; and
- have a current website with the ability to implement an eCommerce platform.
- access to Internet, a webcam and mic will be required.
Preference will be given to:
- participants who self-identify as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, as a newcomer to Canada, or with a disability;
- businesses that operate in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM), a trade, or rurally (outside of metro Halifax, Bedford and Dartmouth)
There is no cost to participate in the program, although any costs associated with the eCommerce platform including, but not limited to hosting, accepting payment, updates, and photography are the responsibility of the business owner.
The expression of interest period is now closed.
For more information
Nova Scotia Project Coordinator
Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership