|Once more the Centre for Women in Business (CWB) is offering members an opportunity for exposure with the 2022/23 CWB Power Lunch series! As a business owner and member, you are invited to share your professional expertise as one of our Power Lunch Leaders.
CWB Power Lunches are held throughout the year on the third Tuesday of each month (with the exception of December) from 11:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. The 2022/23 series will be delivered virtually starting October and run until March 2023.
This is a great opportunity to deliver a 1.5 hour skills-based workshop to business owners within the CWB community. It is also a chance to let others know who you are and what you do, while exposing them to new trends in business management and professional development. Plan for an interactive workshop on topics such as (but not limited to): Time Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Social Media, Balance, Strategic Planning, and Communications.
Power Lunch Leaders will receive a certificate of appreciation from the Centre, and promotion on our website and social media channels. In 2022/23 we are offering a stipend of $250 for your participation.
Power Lunch participants want an interactive session that will provide them with actionable skills to take back to their workplace and help them manage and grow their business. Your job, as a Power Lunch Leader, is to give them this “burst” of learning!
All proposals must include the following information:
- Program Title
- Program Outcomes: A synopsis of the topic, the value it provides to participants and the relevance to business management skills development (note this is not the learning objectives, this is the overall purpose)
- Learning Objectives –Your time goes very fast so please focus on only one or two key points. Use SMART objective writing! This piece is important. If you do not provide solid learning objectives, your proposal may not be considered. Need some help writing learning objectives? Check this link out for help: http://usagso-sg.tripod.com/22_learning_objectives.pdf
- A plan for program delivery – i.e. activities, slides, handouts etc. Our participants demand interactive workshops and will ask many questions! We do not need all your slides at this point, but how you will deliver!
- Your target audience – i.e. new entrepreneurs, established business owners, managers, etc.
- Your resource requirements – i.e. slides, breakout rooms etc.
- Your resume that clearly demonstrates your skill or area of expertise
- Two or three recent references from previous presentations
Submit proposals, by August 15, 2022, as a PDF attachment, via email to:
Business Advisor Nora Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions please contact Nora via email or at 902-497-8897
Incomplete proposals may not be considered. Selection will be based on the quality and originality of the submission, the relevance to the member’s needs, and the qualifications of the presenter. The Centre for Women in Business reserves the right to make the final selection.