CWB RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR
WOMEN TO WATCH – ENTREPRENEURS BUILDING OUR COMMUNITIES
This contest is open to Nova Scotian female-indentifying entrepreneurs only and is governed by Canadian and Nova Scotia law
1. CONTEST PERIOD AND DESCRIPTION
The Women to Watch – entrepreneurs building communities Contest (the “Contest”) begins on Feb. 8, 2022, at 9 a.m. Atlantic Time (“AT”) and ends on Feb. 28, 2022, at 5 p.m. AT (the “Contest Period”).
Entrants will submit a video not more than 60 seconds long answering these questions; “Hello my name is, my business is, we are located in, the value we provide to clients is, and being a woman in business in 2022 means to me…” Judges will select one winner in each of three categories;
- Most creative video submission
- Most passionate video submission
- Most community engaged video submission.
Winners will be notified in advance of March 8th, 2022 virtual reveal event.
Contest is open to all legal residents of Nova Scotia who are female identifying entrepreneurs and have reached the legal age of majority at the time of entry (19 years old), except employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Royal Bank of Canada and the Centre for Women in Business (CWB) (the “Sponsors”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
Submissions will not be accepted after Feb. 28, 2022, 5:00 PM Atlantic Time.
Multiple entries are not allowed.
Videos over 60 seconds will be disqualified.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, e-mail address, social media handles, telephone number, comments and image, whether on videotape, digital or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. Any and all information provided for this Contest is provided to Sponsor not to any social media platforms.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
No purchase necessary. Fully complete the Submission Form with all required information, which requires you to: enter your full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), valid email address and telephone number; and (ii) signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”)
There is a limit of one (1) video submission per person/email address permitted during the Contest Period. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
4. THE PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
There will be one prize awarded in each of three categories- a professional marketing video; with an approximate retail prize value of $1,000 to be paid for by sponsors. (the “Prize”).
The Contest winner will assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
A Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, she/they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i)comply with all Contest Rules; and (iii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The winners will sign the Release and Indemnification forms.
Video Requirements: Submission must be in English or have English subtitles. Due to copyright laws, each entrant is responsible for obtaining written permission for music and/or images created by others that are used in the entrant’s video. In the absence of properly-obtained permission, only original music and/or images created by the entrant may be used. Copyright materials include, but are not limited to magazines, books, DVDs, websites, films, YouTube, and music. Background music and/or sounds should not interfere with any spoken language.
Videos will be housed and promoted by CWB post March 8, 2022 to celebrate female identifying entrepreneurs.
Selection Process/ Criteria Breakdown:
Judges panel will review and rank the video entries based on the following:
- Were name, business name, location of business stated? – 1 point for each item
- How well did they convey how they serve their clients? – rating 1-5
- How well did they convey what being a women business owner meant to them?
- Was the owner engaging – rating 1-5
- Was the owner inspiring – rating 1-5
- Did the business owner show passion for their business? rating 1-5
Was the video creative? rating 1-5
Have they engaged their community in the submission? rating 1-5
Contest video submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges between March 1st and March 6th, 2022.
The winner in each category will be notified by email on March 7, 2022 by 5 pm Atlantic Time to let them know they have won.
6. CONSENT TO SEND COMMERCIAL ELECTRONIC MESSAGES
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
8. RELEASE AND IDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, including any travel thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.