DNS: Digital Diversity Awards Nomination Deadline
September 10, 20215:00 pm
Nominations are open for the Digital Diversity Awards presented by Digital Nova Scotia. Established in 2016, the Digital Diversity Awards highlight inspiring and influential leaders working in Nova Scotia’s tech sector.
Nominees in all categories may be self-nominated, nominated by industry colleagues or nominated by their employers or organizations.
All nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of Nova Scotia tech sector leaders. The winners will be announced at the 2021 Digital Diversity Awards ceremony during the Centre for Women in Business’ INNOVATE event in October 2021.
- Next Generation Leadership Award: Celebrating an emerging leader or entrepreneur from an underrepresented community* in Nova Scotia’s tech sector who are actively growing their career or advancing their company in the industry, while they develop their leadership skills.
- Fueling the Digital Economy: Recognizing a leader from an underrepresented community*, in a senior-level executive position for a tech or digital company, division, or organization who has made a significant contribution to Nova Scotia’s tech sector and is an active champion of diversity in their community or organization.
- Change Maker: Acknowledging an individual who has proactively inspired diversity in tech through community engagement, working with underrepresented groups and creative initiatives.
- Diversity and Inclusion Champion: Celebrating a company or organization that actively promotes the importance of diversity and inclusion in Nova Scotia’s tech sector by implementing strategies for welcoming workplaces, diverse hiring practices and inclusion initiatives.
- Shaping the Future: Recognizing a company or organization that has taken a proactive interest in shaping the future workforce in Nova Scotia’s tech sector by working with underrepresented groups, rural communities, and/or new immigrants, by promoting and inspiring youth working in tech, and by recognizing transferable skills in the workplace.
For more information: