CWB seeking proposals for virtual Power Lunch Leaders
Our Power Lunch series is back and going virtual! We invite Centre for Women in Business (CWB) members to submit a proposal and share their professional experience with our community as one of our Power Lunch Leaders.
Power Lunch will be held throughout the year on the third Tuesday of each month (with the exception of December) from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. The 2021/22 series will be delivered virtually starting October and run until March 2022.
Save the dates!
- Tuesday, October 19
- Tuesday, November 16
- Tuesday, December 14
- Tuesday, January 18
- Tuesday, February 15
- Tuesday, March 15
This is a great opportunity to deliver a 1.5-hour, skills-based workshop to business owners within the CWB community. It is also a chance to let others know who you are and what you do, while exposing them to new trends in business management and professional development.
Plan for an interactive workshop on topics such as, but not limited to:
- time management
- human resource management
- communications or marketing
- social media
- strategic planning
Participants are looking for an interactive session that will provide them with actionable skills to take back to their workplace and help them manage and grow their business. Your job, as a Power Lunch Leader, is to give them this “burst” of learning!
Power Lunch Leaders will receive promotion through our website and social media channels, a certificate of appreciation, and a $250 stipend for their participation.
All proposals must include the following information:
- Program title
- Program outcomes – A synopsis of the topic, the value it provides to participants and the relevance to business management skills development (note this is not the learning objectives, this is the overall purpose)
- Learning objectives – Your time goes very fast so please focus on only one or two key points. Use SMART objective writing! This piece is important. If you do not provide solid learning objectives, your proposal may not be considered. Need some help writing learning objectives? Check this link out for help: http://usagso-sg.tripod.com/22_learning_objectives.pdf
- A plan for program delivery – i.e. activities, slides, handouts etc. Our participants demand interactive workshops and will ask many questions! We do not need all your slides at this point, but how you will deliver.
- Your target audience – i.e. new entrepreneurs, established business owners, managers, etc.
- Your resource requirements – i.e. slides, breakout rooms, etc.
- Your resume that clearly demonstrates your skill or area of expertise
- Two or three recent references from previous presentations
Please submit your proposal via email to email@example.com by Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
You can expect to hear back about the status of your submission by Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information:
Business Advisor – Cape Breton
Please note that incomplete proposals will not be considered. Selection will be based on the quality and originality of the submission, relevance to the member needs, and the qualifications of the presenter. The Centre for Women in Business reserves the right to make the final selection.