CWB Business Skills Certificate Training
When government, university and the private sector come together, great things happen for Nova Scotia women business owners. The Centre for Women in Business offers training and programming customized for our members, and supported by the business community. A private or corporate membership, or sponsorship of CWB is an investment in the growth and the advancement of women business leaders.
Our business development programs are funded by the NS Government Dept. of Labour and Advanced Education Workplace Essentials Program.
Centre for Women in Business is supported by Mount Saint Vincent University, The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, RBC and CWB Members like you. Thank you for helping us advance the status of women business owners in Nova Scotia.
Need to know more? Please contact:
Bookkeeping Essentials | Wednesdays – June 13 – August 22
Instructor: Klea Jokic
Bookkeeping Essentials is available to CWB members only at no cost. Participation is based on a needs assessment.
This program is for new and experienced entrepreneur who will do their own bookkeeping. It will cover the fundamentals of tracking your business expenses up to preparing your financial statements. By the end of this program you will:
- Be introduced to bookkeeping and basic terminology
- Track the flow of your transactions from purchase/sales to recording and preparing financial statements.
- Practice sample transactions
Finance Essentials for Your Business | Fridays – July 13 – September 14
Instructor: April Stroink
Finance Essentials for Your Business is for CWB members only at no cost. Participation is based on a needs assessment.
This program is for entrepreneurs who have generated revenue and prepared financial statements. The program will cover how to make decisions about your business based on your financial statements. By the end of this program you will:
- Be introduced to product/service costing models
- Develop Cash flow statements
- Discuss revenue vs profit
- Be introduced to key financial ratios
- Have the tools to make better financial decisions
- Be better prepared for discussions with your accountant
Advanced Social Media | Fridays – September 14 – November 16
Instructor: Anita Kirkbride
Advanced Social Media is for CWB members only at no cost. Participation is based on a needs assessment.
This course is for Entrepreneurs who already know the basics of running social media business profiles and have an active and consistent presence on the platforms. It covers social media strategy and planning. By the end of this program you will:
- Develop a social media strategy and plan
- Plan a social media audit
- Be introduced to google analytics
- Develop advanced skills for maximizing your social media platforms
- Develop search engine optimization skills