This is your invitation to join us every month as we serve up a POWER Lunch
featuring workshops from some of the business experts who make up our membership, along with Q&As and fresh lunch.
Doors will open at 11:30 am for networking, with presentations from 12-1:30pm.
When: Monthly, throughout 2016-2017
Where: The Meadows at MSVU *unless otherwise noted below*
Cost: $15 + HST for members; $25 +HST for non members; this includes lunch, tea, coffee and dessert.
» Oct. 25, 2016 | Sandra Currie-Samson | Sassy Solutions | About Sandra
Hitting the Target: Creating Purpose and Objectives for Your Workshops
How to create real purpose and clear learning objectives that will resonate with people. Will focus on how to effectively teach adults.
1. Explain the benefits of having a clear purpose and SMART learning objectives,
2. Identify the difference between a purpose and learning objectives, and
3. Demonstrate the ability to write a purpose and SMART learning objectives.
» Dec.13, 2016 | Debi Hartlen MacDonald | New Life Business Solutions
Time, Task, and Energy Management for Women Entrepreneurs
Teaches you to identify your priorities so that you may make the most of your time, thereby increasing the efficiency of the business. Not only time management but energy management as well.
1. Determine priorities and identify the steps to implement in order to complete said priorities,
2. Learn how to manage your energy in order to decrease stress and increase productivity, and
3. Implement new skills and make the changes to run your business more efficiently.
» Jan. 31, 2017 | Avai Kochanoff, Heather Peters, Sarah Greenwood | 3 Wise Women
Building your Business Safety Net: Accounting, Legal and Financial Planning
Accounting, Legal, and Financial experts join forces to help you understand how to protect your business by mitigating common risks.
1. Mitigate common business risks in your company.
» Feb. 28, 2017 | Gail Godreau | Lighthouse Wellness Strategies| About Gail
Work-Life Balance Doesn’t Exist
People put too much pressure on themselves to have it all with a great work-life balance, which actually doesn't exist. Instead, people should be integrating work and life in order to decrease stress and increase happiness.
1. Gain an increased understanding of why work-life balance doesn't really exist, and to ultimately let go of that idea, and
2. Develop action steps that will allow you to increase the level of work-life integration to ensure these two areas are working together, and not against one another.
» March 28, 2017 | Victoria McIntosh | Information in Bloom Services
Why Your Company Needs to Plan for Privacy
Helping businesses who collect client information to understand what pieces of information would be considered private, and teaching them what steps to take in order to keep that info secure.
1. Identify information that your company collects that would be considered private in Canada,
2. List the privacy laws and legislation that applies to your company,
3. Differentiate between privacy and security solutions, and
4. Pinpoint why proactive privacy controls make good business sense.
» April 18, 2017 | Sheila Nunn | East Coast School of Languages
Not Another Leadership Workshop!
Taking the focus off of the things you need to do to be a leader, and instead concentrating on how you want to be as a person, which will in turn make you a better leader.
1. Identify behaviours in others that block effective communication,
2. Identify behaviours in yourself that block effective communication, and
3. Develop a list of actions to take over the next 30 days that will help you when you encounter these behaviours.
» May 30, 2017 | Tina Capalbo | Lift Communication
Connect Where your Customers Are
Discover which social media platform is favoured by your target market so that you can effectively reach your customers. Learn to use these platforms in the way that will be most favourable for your business.
1. Differentiate which target markets are using which social media outlets most frequently, and
2. Understand how social media users engage with each platform differently.
» June 27, 2017 | Anita Kirkbride | Twirp Communications Inc.
Responsible Scheduling: Handy Tools to Make Social Media Bearable
Discover which social media scheduling tool is best for your social media goals, personal style, and budget.
1. Distinguish between five different styles of social media scheduling systems,
2. Define evergreen content, and
3. Know what is appropriate vs. inappropriate when it comes to content to schedule.
» July 25, 2017 | Julia Somody | Waldegrove Psychological Services
Mindfulness and Resilience in the Workplace
Use mindfulness training to reduce and manage stress levels in order to reach your full capacity at work. Live in the present to improve productivity and concentration.
1. Know the physiological and psychological link between mindfulness and stress-management, and
2. Implement mindfulness strategies to combat stress.
» Aug. 25, 2017 | Jakki Brierley-Shorrock | Fastrak Global Ltd | About Jakki
Using E-commerce to Grow your Business
Explore the world of
e-commerce and all of the elements involved. Discover whether or not
this move could be the right one for your business.
1. Understand the components involved in e-commerce, and
2. Establish whether or not it is the right move for your business.
» Sept. 26, 2017 | Dianna Rievaj | Highlander Law Group
I Don’t Need a Lawyer, Do I?
Learn the benefits of speaking with a lawyer before a problem occurs. Understand the language and what to expect before you find yourself in a sticky situation.
1. Understand exactly what your contract means,
2. Know what to do in the event of a liability issue, and
3. Differentiate between employees and contractors.