This is your invitation to join us every month as we serve up a POWER Lunch featuring workshops from some of the business experts who make up our membership, along with Q&As and fresh lunch.
Presented by BOYNECLARKE LLP, our POWER Lunch will open at 11:30 am to allow time for networking; presentations will take place from 12pm-1:30pm.
When: Monthly, throughout 2016-2017
Where: The Meadows at MSVU *unless otherwise noted below*
Cost: $15 + HST for members; $25 +HST for non members; this includes lunch, tea, coffee and dessert.
» April 18, 2017 | Sheila Nunn | East Coast School of Languages | About Sheila
Topic: Not Another Leadership Workshop!
Taking the focus off of the things you need to do to be a leader, and instead concentrating on how you want to be as a person, which will in turn make you a better leader.
1. Identify behaviours in others that block effective communication,
2. Identify behaviours in yourself that block effective communication, and
3. Develop a list of actions to take over the next 30 days that will help you when you encounter these behaviours.
» May 30, 2017 | Tina Capalbo | Lift Communication | About Tina
Topic: Connect Where Your Customers Are
Discover which social media platform is favoured by your target market so you can reach your customers effectively. Learn to use these platforms in the way that will be most favourable for your business.
1. Differentiate which target markets are using which social media outlets most frequently.
2. Understand how social media users engage with each platform differently.
» June 27, 2017 | Anita Kirkbride | Twirp Communications Inc. | About Anita
Topic: Responsible Scheduling: Handy Tools to Make Social Media Bearable
Discover which social media scheduling tool is best for your social media goals, personal style, and budget.
1. Distinguish between five different styles of social media scheduling systems,
2. Define evergreen content.
3. Know what is appropriate vs. inappropriate when it comes to content to schedule.
» Aug. 25, 2017 | Jakki Brierley-Shorrock | Fastrak Global Ltd | About Jakki
Topic: Using E-commerce to Grow your Business
Explore the world of
e-commerce and all of the elements involved. Discover whether or not
this move could be the right one for your business.
1. Understand the components involved in e-commerce.
2. Establish whether or not it is the right move for your business.
» Sept. 26, 2017 | Dianna Rievaj | Highlander Law Group
Topic: I Don’t Need a Lawyer, Do I?
Learn the benefits of speaking with a lawyer before a problem occurs. Understand the language and what to expect before you find yourself in a sticky situation.
1. Understand exactly what your contract means.
2. Know what to do in the event of a liability issue.
3. Differentiate between employees and contractors.